Information for Overseas Teachers & TAs

Did you know that overseas qualified teachers and overseas qualified teaching assistants make excellent supply staff? You often bring the following to the classroom: 

  • New skills and perspective

  • Fresh ideas and insight 

  • Plenty of varied experience

Many overseas qualified teachers – such as those from a European country, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa – have an equivalent recognised teaching qualification verified by the UK National Information Centre (UK ENIC). This means you can start work as soon as other checks have been completed. Teachers from other countries must contact UK ENIC to have their qualifications verified.

Checks for overseas qualified teachers

Before an overseas qualified teacher can start work in the UK, you must:

  • Have had an overseas police check.

  • Hold a valid visa/work permit.

  • Have standard UK teacher ID and references (as detailed on our Information for Teachers & TAs page). 

If you are a UK qualified teacher and have been living or working overseas, we will also require you to provide an overseas police check.

Teaching resources

Regardless of where you did teacher training or in which country you got your teaching qualification, we want all our supply teachers to feel part of the family and ready to join any classroom at any time. 

When you register with us, as part of our support package we will deliver a suite of resources to you as a Class Act teacher. This will help you meet other Class Act supply teachers and prepare you for your Oxfordshire supply teaching role. You will receive a Class Act Teaching Services:

  • Branded teacher bag

  • Individual ID badge

  • Teacher resource pack

  • Classroom tool kit and resources

Teacher resources from Class Act Teaching Services